The Community Task Force on Homelessness and Downtown Security has been created to mobilize stakeholders and resources to meet the challenge of homelessness and social issues.
Mental health and addiction issues, lack of affordable housing, crime, and downtown vagrancy and panhandling can only be solved through a collective effort. For the welfare of the vulnerable in our society, and for the protection of our residents, our business community and Moncton’s reputation, we need a focused effort involving all stakeholders to respond to this urgent need. This is your chance to be part of the solution.
The goals of the Task Force are the following:
- Define the underlying core issues;
- Define who is currently responsible for addressing these issues;
- Identify gaps in addressing core issues;
- Define who should be responsible for filling these gaps or what programs and resources are needed;
- Timeline for achieving short-, medium-, and long-term solutions;
- Accountability – how do we track our progress and ensure success?
To offer your expertise, or to provide feedback on the current situation and what should be done, please fill out this short form. The Task Force will continue to engage a wide spectrum of stakeholders and individuals as its work evolves.
Thank you for your interest in the welfare of our community and all of its citizens.